Battery RegulationIn connection with the distribution of batteries or rechargeable batteries or with the delivery of devices containing batteries or rechargeable batteries, we are obliged to inform you in accordance with the Battery Ordinance: Batteries must not be disposed of with household waste. You are legally obliged to return used batteries as end users. You can return batteries free of charge after use at the point of sale or in your immediate vicinity (eg in municipal collection points or in shops). You can also return batteries to us by mail.
Batteries that contain harmful substances are marked with the symbol of a crossed-out wheelie bin, like the symbol above. Near the wheelie bin symbol is the chemical name of the pollutant. "Cd" stands for cadmium, "Pb" for lead and "Hg" for mercury.
Toy directives1. Toys not intended for use by children under 36 months
Toys that could be dangerous for children under 36 months must bear a warning, for example:
"Not suitable for children under 36 months." or
"Not suitable for children under three years."
or a warning in the form of the following figure:
These warnings must be supplemented by a brief indication - which may also be found in the instructions for use - of the particular hazards that this precaution requires.
This number does not apply to toys that obviously can not be intended for children under 36 months due to their function, dimensions, characteristics and characteristics or other compelling reasons.
2. Activity toysActivity toy must carry the following warning:
"For home use only."
If necessary, the activity toy mounted on a scaffold and other activity toys must be accompanied by instructions for use, indicating the need for regular inspection and maintenance of the most important parts (suspension, fixing, anchoring to the ground, etc.) and failure to do so such a risk of tipping or falling may exist.
Likewise, instructions for proper installation must be given, as well as instructions for the parts which, if installed incorrectly, may endanger them. It must be specified how a placement area for the toy must be designed.
3. Functional toyFunctional toy must carry the following warning:
"Use under the direct supervision of adults."
It must also be accompanied by instructions for use, including the instructions for use and the precautions to be followed by the user, with the warning that the user, if disregarded, will be exposed to the hazards normally associated with the device or product whose miniature model or replica represents the toy. It should also be noted that this toy must be kept out of reach of children under a certain age to be determined by the manufacturer.
4. Chemical toyWithout prejudice to the application of the provisions laid down in existing Community legislation on the classification, packaging and labeling of certain substances and mixtures, the instructions for use for toys containing per se hazardous substances or mixtures shall refer to the dangerous nature of such substances or mixtures the precautions to be followed by the user in order to eliminate the hazards associated with the use of the toy, which must be briefly described, depending on the nature of the toy. It also mentions the first aid measures required in the event of serious accidents due to the use of this type of toy. It should also be noted that the toy must be kept out of the reach of children under a certain age to be determined by the manufacturer.
In addition to the information provided for in paragraph 1, chemical toys must bear the following warning on the packaging:
"Not suitable for children under ... years [*]. Use under adult supervision."
Chemical toys are mainly: boxes for chemical experiments, boxes for plastic potting, miniature workshops for ceramics, enamel and photographic works and similar toys, which leads to a chemical reaction or comparable change of substance during use.
5. Ice skates, roller skates, in-line skates, skate boards, scooters and toy bicycles for childrenIf these products are sold as toys, they must bear the following warning:
"To use with protective gear, not to use on the road."
It should also be noted in the instructions for use that the toy is to be used with caution, as it requires great skill in order to prevent accidents to the user or others from falling or colliding. Information on suitable protective equipment (hard hats, gloves, knee pads, elbow pads, etc.) should also be provided.
Water toy must carry the following warning:
6. Water Toys
"Use only in shallow water under adult supervision."
7. Toy in foodToys contained in food or toys offered with a food must bear the following warning:
"Contains toys, recommended for adult supervision."
Imitations of protective masks or helmets must carry the following warning:
8. Imitations of protective masks or helmets
"This toy does not provide protection."
9. A toy intended to be attached to cradles, cribs or strollers by means of laces, tapes, elastic bands or strapsToys intended to be attached to cradles, cribs or strollers by means of laces, tapes, elastic straps or straps carry the following warning on the packaging, which is also permanently affixed to the toy:
"To prevent possible injury from entanglement, remove this toy when the child begins to crawl on all fours."
10. Packaging for fragrances in board games for the sense of smell, cosmetics cases and games for the sense of tasteThe packaging of fragrances in board games for the sense of smell, cosmetic cases and games of taste, the fragrances listed in numbers 41 to 55 of the list in Annex II Part III number 11 paragraph 1 and in the numbers 1 to 11 the list in paragraph 3 listed fragrance listed below must carry the following warning:
"Contains perfumes that can cause allergies".